Podcasts are seeing an amazing resurgence in the last few years. I’ve been using them since I started working in 2015 as an alternative to music when working. As an architect, I’m often confronted with doing long stretches of work that affords me the opportunity to have something playing in the background without distracting me. I’ve found podcasts to be an excellent way to keep me going through the day, and to learn something new along the way.
Here is a list of some interesting podcasts that I enjoy whilst working:
- Serial a story told over multiple episodes; incredibly interesting true stories that keep you going throughout the day.
- Hello Internet chatter and random topics from two funny guys, one of whom makes some really interesting YouTube videos that first got me into the edu-space of YouTube.
- The Daily from the New York Times; the latest news delivered in an entertaining way.
- 99% Invisible a classy design-related podcast.
- Everything is Alive everyday objects brought to life.
- StarTalk Radio Neil deGrasse Tyson talking science. Need I say more?
- TED Radio Hour expanded stories from topics featured in TED talks.
- My Indian Life with Kalki Koechlin, from the BBC World Service.
My podcast app of choice is Overcast for iOS; but there are plenty of other good apps, including the stock Podcasts app on most phones, that works just as well.