It seems like I’m writing this type of post too often, but I find it a nice way to get back into the flow of writing after a gruelling term filled with coursework and general university angst.
So without further ado, and without attempting to make any promises about being regular on this blog (since I am, after all, majoring in Procrastination 101), here’s a small update on what I’ve got planned for the next few weeks, time permitting:
- Reading: The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz. I’ve been meaning to get into this book for over a year now, but many distractions have got in the way – from university, to other projects, to even other books (I’m looking at you, The Casual Vacancy and The Hunger Games). Horowitz is one of my all-time favourite writers; he, along with J.K. Rowling, really drew me in to reading insatiably, and it’s thanks to their words and love of books and the craft that I have been inspired to pursue this thing they call writing.
- Writing: I’m still pushing through with the fabled manuscript. Yes, it does exist, and I’ve managed to break past 35 000 words. It’s still very slow-going, and being me, I’ve already got ideas for another book (unrelated to this one). No, I can’t reveal anything about it for a very long time. Hopefully you’ll find out about it soon.
- More writing: I’ve become fascinated with gothic horror recently, and so I want to try my hand at writing a short story in this realm. Short story writing is always fun; maybe it’s because as humans we’re wired for instant-gratification, and so writing short-form pieces such as these blog posts and short stories are an affirmation-act for my writing life. Whatever it is, I am excited to get back to this type of writing, and also to explore a new piece of fiction other than the manuscript that has occupied much of my writerly life and thoughts recently.
- Learning: I never stop learning. And so I’m hoping to continue my studies in server-side web programming and database design, in preparation for bigger things in the future.
Oh, and there will be many films watched between all of the above, and I really hope to write about them on this blog. Here’s a short list of films I’m looking forward to:
- Now You See Me
- This is the End
- Kick-Ass 2
- Thor 2
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- The Wolf of Wall Street
- … and, of course, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
All for now!